In late 2009 I collaborated with William Massie, Beverly Fishman and Heather McGill on the design of a VIP lounge for the AXA Corporation at Art Basel Miami Beach. The piece was subsequently acquisitioned into the permanent collection of the Miami Art Museum. These photos document the result of that collaboration.
The documentation below does not show the integrated video. The video was projected on a convex porous screen (the brown wall). This makes the video nearly impossible to photograph on axis. The wall is translucent when looked at directly. It is completely solid when seen from an oblique angle. The effect of this was to dematerialize the video and the wall.
Documentation of the Lounge
- The video projection wall is opaque when viewed from an off axis position. Note how the brown wall appears solid in this photo and compare to the next image.
- The video projection wall is translucent when viewed from an ON axis position. Note how the background supergraphics bleed through the wall. Video was also projected on the wall.
- Detail showing video projection
- Elliott Earls at Casa Casuarina the former home of Gianni Versace.
- The cover of the official program of Art Basel Miami Beach 2009.
- Inside spread documenting the collaboration in the official program of Art Basel Miami Beach 2009.